UPDATE as of 22-April-2020 (Updated)
We have received the latest notification from ACCA and would love to provide an update to our students concerning the exam validity and syllabus.
ACCA September 2020 exam registration will open on 5-May-2020. Important: We expect a High Demand for Sep 2020 exam. Please register for your exam as early as possible. You should received a credit into your account if you have paid for June ’20 exam. Please email email@example.com or call toll free number 1800 88 5051 if you have not received your credit.
CAT June’20 exam will be Available in September’20 (as a special edition, following June’20 syllabus)
Will Your ACCA exam syllabus be same for Sep 2020 exam? This table summarises all the ACCA papers for you. (Note that papers AB, MA & FA are not affected by June cancellation. CBE exams are still on for AB, MA & FA)
|SUBJECT CODE||Can Jan 2020 ACCA syllabus be applicable for Sep 2020 exam?||Syllabus Validity for Exam Sessions||My syllabus period for Sep 2020 exam is based on?||Note|
|LW (F4)||YES||June 2020 to March 2021||(same as your Jan '20 classes)|
|PM (F5)||NO||September 2019 to June 2020||September 2020 to June 2021||Added "big data & data analytic elements"|
|TX (F6)||YES||Dec 2019 to Sept 2020||(same as your Jan '20 classes)||Dec 2020 Exam is based on Budget 2021.|
|FR (F7)||YES||No Syllabus Amendment to SBL for September 2020 to June 2021|
|AA (F8)||NO||September 2019 to June 2020||September 2020 to June 2021||Slight amendments to audit planning, audit documentation tool,|
|FM (F9)||NO||September 2019 to June 2020||September 2020 to June 2021||Slight amendments to money market instruments calculation.|
|SBL||YES||No Syllabus Amendment to SBL for September 2020 to June 2021 exam.|
|SBR||NO||September 2019 to June 2020||September 2020 to June 2021||Added additional current issues in corporate reporting|
|AFM||YES||No Syllabus Amendment to SBL for September 2020 to June 2021|
|ATX||NO||Dec 2019 to Sept 2020||(same as your Jan '20 classes)||Dec 2020 Exam is based on Budget 2021.|
|AAA||NO||September 2019 to June 2020||September 2020 to June 2021||Various New Areas been added to syllabus|
If you need any further information, feel free to contact us.
UPDATE as of 2-APRIL-2020
In addition to our announcement on 1-April-2020, you may find this chart be useful:
UPDATE as of 1-April-2020 – ACCA June 2020 Exam cancelled
- Your exam will be in September 2020. ACCA will credit your exam fees paid for June 2020 to be used to register for Sep 2020. Yes, you will have to apply again for the Sep 2020 exam. Up to this stage, we understand, many students are unable to apply for Sep 2020. We believe ACCA has not opened it for registration yet.
- Your classes will continue in May (Face-2-Face). We will supply you with the new timetable. We have received feedback that students find it hard to study online at home due to various distractions and hard to concentrate. Therefore, we wish to see you again, through Face-to-Face.
- Your REVISION classes will be in August 2020, to prepare you for the Sep 2020 exam.
- We will provide you with a special ACCA-Rewind Series videos – to help you to refresh back all the key areas for each chapter of your syllabus – intended to help your revision journey. This is an EXTRA effort from our team to support you due to this abrupt change caused by the exam cancellation.
- We will provide you with all the recorded lectures for Jan to May 2020 classes – so you may want to watch them again.
- We will reschedule the tests and mock exams to fit the plan that the exam will be in August 2020.
- We will send you a new timetable by 15-April-2020.
Learn from the best ACCA lecturers in Malaysia
Study from the best ACCA College in Malaysia
Genesis Origo @ MCKL (TM) ACCA @ MCKL, an ACCA college in Malaysia
UPDATE: as of 16-March-2020
our YAB PM has made an announcement of the Movement Control Order at 10pm 16-March-2020. In conjunction, all physical/face-to-face classes will be cancelled from 17-March-2020 to 31-March-2020. We will switch to Online-Mode as we have announced earlier this afternoon.
UPDATE as of 16-March-2020
While Malaysians thought that Covid-19 outbreak has stabilised from the initial report in late Jan 2020, we have now seen the breakout of infections from Phase 2. As of 15-March-2020, KKM has reported the highest spike in COVID-19 infection, a total of 190 cases in one day alone and this has led to many measures taken by many institutions in helping to contain the spread of Covid 19.
Our prime minister has urged Malaysians to postpone mass gathering in the light of this Covid-19 pandemic.
ACCA @ MCKL will now CANCEL all physical/face-to-face classes for this entire week from 17-March-2020 to 21-March-2020. If there is a necessity to further extend this measure, we shall update you in due course. This measure is seen vital to limit the opportunity of contracting the virus, especially during commuting using public transport. We truly apologise for this measure, as far as, we wish to see you face-to-face, and be in touch with you, we feel compelled to move our classes to Online Mode at this juncture especially we have weighed the factors that we have both Full-time and Working adult students who are coming from different community and can significantly increase the risk of disease transmission. Our classroom setup has very close proximity and thus social distancing can be challenging at the moment if we continue with physical classes. The measure of social distancing has been recommended as a way to slow the spread of Covid-19 and may help to minimise the Malaysian healthcare system to be overwhelmed by Covid-19 cases. We have setup a TELEGRAM broadcasting group for ACCA MCKL to send out first-hand information about our course Information. It is compulsory that our ACCA MCKL students must join this group. Get our Invite Link if you have not joined.
What do you expect?
We will send to you a link to our Website, where all information and embedded video will be arranged properly in a chronological manner to allow you to have smooth process to go through your studies. This is a screenshot of how it would look like:
If you do not receive our link within 1 day after the designated date for the class, please WhatsApp us as soon as possible. (Eg: If your class is on 18-March-2020, WhatsApp us if you do not receive our link notification message should be out by 3pm of 19-March-2020)
Two articles that you may be interested to read:
Thank you, on behalf of ACCA programme at MCKL, I sincerely apologise that this may cause a different degree of inconvenience or challenge to you. Let’s work together as a responsible citizen to address this as a global problem. Let us continue to trust our Lord God, in His sovereignty over this situation and may the peace of God be with all of us. We shall pray continually for His mercy and grace so that the Pandemic can soon come to pass. God bless.
Mr Low Chin Ann, ACCA Course Advisor of MCKL
UPDATE: as of 13-Feb-2020
MCKL, in line with the directive from the Ministry of Education (For Detail: Surat Kementerian Pendidikan) is required to report of students who have been to Wuhan or Hubei Province, China. Therefore, please report to us, if you have been to Wuhan or Hubei Province of China or you have had contact with any one person who have recently returned from the above mentioned. Please inform ACCA Office that you have been required to be undergoing a 14 days quarantine at home.
If you are showing symptoms of coughing, running nose, flu and fever, please seek medical care immediately and consult the doctor whether there is a need of a 14 days quarantine at home. If quarantine is not required and you still attend classes, please wear a mask. Our ACCA lecturers will provide a mask to students who appear to be sneezing or coughing inside the classrooms.
UPDATE: as of 12-Feb-2020
The novel coronavirus has been given a name as COVID-19.
LATEST UPDATE: as of 8-Feb-2020
We are aware that our neighbour, Singapore has moved its disease outbreak response up a level to Dorscon “Orange” on 7th Feb as the coronavirus spread further within the country, with three new cases announced of unknown origin, including a junior college teacher.
We are also aware that in Malaysia, the educational institution has taken more proactive steps to limit the risk of this outbreak, quoting news sources, University Malaya has decided to call off all physical face-to-face classes. You may access HERE
At the present moment, our ACCA classes will continue as normal with the same precautionary measures as per our last updates on 4 Feb 2020 (below).
UPDATE As of 4-Feb-2020
Dear ACCA@MCKL students,
As many are aware of the outbreak of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus or also called as the Wuhan Virus, the number of infected patients have climbed to exceed 9,000 and spread over 24 countries. As of 31-1-2020, China still records the highest number of close to 9,800 cases while Malaysia has 8 confirmed cases.
We are monitoring closely the situation and to take heed of recommendations issued by the WHO (World Health Organisation).
In view of the recent outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov) illness, students and staff of MCKL are advised to observe good personal hygiene and to take precautionary measures.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the main symptoms reported in this outbreak include fever, difficulty in breathing, cough and sore throat. If you have these signs and symptoms you should get medical attention as soon as possible at a hospital or clinic and follow the instructions of the medical personnel. You should stay at home and avoid going to public places until you have recovered.
To reduce exposure to and possible transmission of this and other illnesses, you are advised to observe WHO’s standard recommendations which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices as follows:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water (note: hand sanitizer dispensers are placed at specific locations in MCKL);
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough;
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of a novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices
You may access the detail information from WHO’s website
- Our ACCA classes are video recorded. If you have illness with the main symptoms of Coronavirus’ infection, please remain at home. You may request for the video by WhatsApp to us at +60107688832.
- If you happen to be in the college compound and is having symptoms like cough or sneezing, please wear a mask (you can request a mask from the ACCA office)
- Should the situation escalate to the need of declaring a holiday for the college, arrangements will be made to have classes be done video-conference (live streaming) or through pre-recorded videos, so that students can continue to progress in the lessons. This is to avoid the risk of a significant delay to your studies which may then affect your capability to take exam in June 2020.
- Let us pray for the deliverance during this challenging times, and we hope that this outbreak of Coronavirus (Wuhan virus) will not the ACCA exam in March 2020. We shall update all of you when whenever we have updates from ACCA.
A website that provides updates on the latest developments of Coronavirus, is thewuhanvirus.com (disclaimer: acca2u.com does not endorse any information published by the external website nor verify or attest the information published by them.)